Get To Know: French Vogue Cover Girl Rose Cordero
The 18-year-old model joined the elite ranks of French Vogue black cover girls just like Ethiopian-born Liya Kebede who ironically was the last black model to be featured on the fashion publication’s cover back in 2002.
Quick Facts on Rose via NYMAG
- Proud Dominican model who signed with Wilhelmina Models NY in 2008
- Made runway debut for Burberry show in Milian back in February 2009
- Appeared in French Vogue editorial styled as Grace Jones
- Born in 1992!
- Rose in her own words: “I was teased a lot for being very skinny. They called me skeleton or flamingo—all kinds of things. My self-esteem was very low, and now these people appraise me for my looks.”
- Made history via her March 2010 French Vogue cover
- Made appearances in Vogue Italia, Teen Vogue, W Magazine, and Barney’s Coop AD campaign
photo credits: MODELS.COM